The 12th Nordic Public Health Conference is an arena for dialogue and learning across the Nordic countries about how we create socially sustainable solutions in the field of public health.
Broadly speaking, the programme will contribute to the conference title:
Public health in welfare societies undergoing changes – how do we create socially sustainable solutions?
In plenary sessions, experts in fields such as social inequity in health, social capital, social sustainability and social marketing will highlight the challenges and opportunities in the field of public health – thereby establishing the framework for the conference’s continued focus on health promotion and prevention within the framework of the Nordic welfare models, which are currently changing.
Thursday’s plenary programme will feature an interesting debate between the directors of the health authorities of the five Nordic countries: Public health efforts across the five countries – what can we learn from one another?
The plenary programme and Thursday’s plenary debate will be moderated by Danish journalist and news presenter Cecilie Beck.
Moderator for the plenary programme and Thursday’s plenary debate
At the conference’s oral sessions and workshops we will hear about and discuss topics such as:
- The role of municipalities in public health action in a transitioning structure
- Social inequity in health – target groups, objectives and means
- Mental health and resilience
- Health through partnerships
- Disease prevention and health promotion in local environments
- The market, industrial interests and public health
- Cross-sectional health planning
- Public health: experts, individuals and media
- Health communication: the path to more equitable health?
- How can public health efforts make use of modern technology?